NBC Universal has an opening for an Engineering Architect in the Technical Operations Engineering group, Dry Creek. The successful candidate will report to the Sr. Director of Project Strategy to lead overall designs for Master Control, Production, Distribution Encoding, S&P Editing, and New Media creation/delivery. Responsibilities will primarily be at the NBC Universal cable origination facility in Centennial, CO in support of 30+ International Channels and 70+ Streams supporting cable and network broadcast for NBCUniversal.
• Work integrally with the Sr. Director of Project Strategy, Vice President of Operations and various engineering and operations leaders to develop the conceptual engineering designs that will guide larger engineer design and build projects.
• Communicate conceptual designs to leadership for sign-off and then the larger engineering and operations teams for system understanding.
• Provide documentation to support engineering and installation teams to help them understand how systems should be installed and commissioned.
• Ensure all design initiatives on-going within the Dry Creek Technical facility are in the line with the overall strategic design goals for the larger broadcast engineering group.
• Provide full project estimates, pricing out various designs to enable projects that create productivity, increase operational reliability, or enable growth.
• Ensure that all designs are operational viable and easily supported by an onsite support engineering team.
• Lead design reviews working with an onsite Manager of Projects and Integration to ensure all designs are following the overall conceptual design for the project.
• Work hand in hand with key broadcast solutions vendors to create partnership to create software, firmware and hardware the enables technical solutions to existing and future problems.
• Help provide guidance on capital estimates for Long Range Planning for NBCUniversal’s Dry Creek facility as well as the overall facility.
• Ability to communicate engineering plans via Visio & power point.
• Proven ability to communicate designs with a larger engineering implementation team
• Knowledge of recognized documentation and installation procedures including cable and fiber optics relating to Computer Network, Video and Audio infrastructure.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communications and reporting skills
• Ability to think quickly to understand potential design changes and provide possible solutions or explain possible risks in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Minimum 5 years Systems Integration experience with HD television and production facilities.
• Good understanding of Media Operations systems, SAN & NAS infrastructure, Linux, Windows, MAC OS, file acceleration (UDP, TCP) etc.
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly to provide solutions that meet business needs but also think
• Demonstrated ability to be up to date with the latest technical solutions and technical specifications (SCTE, SMPTE, etc)
• Knowledge of Broadcast operations with a clear understanding of signal flow and the relationships between sub-systems
• Experience defining solutions related to Master Control, Editing systems, Network Infrastructure, and Control systems
• Strong configuration or programming experience with Monitoring and Database systems
• Strong understanding of Network Engineering and design