Job Code: 3293194
As a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, Sony DADC is part of the world’s leading electronics and entertainment Company with facilities spanning the globe. Sony DADC is an integrated provider of end-to-end Supply Chain Solutions for physical and digital content to customers across many industries including entertainment, marketing, advertising, and education and consumer electronics. We help content owners deliver unique consumer experiences while keeping pace with rapidly evolving consumer demand and emerging multi-channel distribution models. Our market insight and proven expertise across both physical and digital media enables us to provide the most advanced services that deliver the speed, efficiency and quality required by today’s market.
The Application Security Engineer position is responsible for ensuring that our websites, services and applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of Sony DADC’s software systems.
• Work with development teams to carry out Application Security Reviews
• Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
• Design, implement and support security-focused tools and services
• Develop security policies and procedures
• Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., ISO 27001)
• Evangelize security within Sony DADC and be an advocate for customer trust
• Develop training materials for general security awareness and specific security technology training
• Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies
• Participate in tier 3 and 3 security operations support
• Carry out acquisition and vendor risk assessment due diligence
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• 5+ years of application security experience
• 5+ years of experience in vulnerability testing and auditing
• Experience working with development teams that deliver commercial software or software based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
• Solid experience and technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography and application security
• Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• Development experience in Java, C, C++, or Ruby
• Result oriented, high energy, self-motivated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.