Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks, treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
Emmis Communications, headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, is looking for well organized, ambitious and hardworking candidate to be part of the Corporate IT/technology department. This is a great entry level position into IT technologies where dedicated and energetic candidate can learn enterprise IT environment and have opportunity for growth and advancement. This position would have opportunity to learn Lan/Wan technologies based on Cisco infrastructure. If you are interested in working for a great company and a great team, we encourage you to apply.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for end user hardware and software related technologies
o Direct support for Emmis corporate executive users in a fast paced environment, providing outstanding customer service through professionalism, maturity, timely responses and follow up.
o Managing corporate end user systems including Windows 7 PC’s in Microsoft AD environment, MS Office applications, Exchange email, Enterprise McAfee virus protection, Cisco VPN access and other
o Responding to calls and emails to corporate support, opening tickets and distribution to proper groups
o Responsible for corporate hardware and software license inventory, equipment orders
o Build SCCM application packages for PC and software deployments
o Cooperating with Emmis Corporate IT and field offices IT departments regarding issues, projects, policies and recommending changes to technology
o Responsible for companywide desktop and laptop hardware standard
o Responsible for AD user management via an automated proprietary system and manual modifications
o Responsible for a bi-weekly termination report verification process
o Review McAfee security logs and agent reports
o Manage daily backup tapes and offsite procedures
o Documentation of assigned technologies, projects and responsibilities
•Assist with LAN/WAN related tasks
o LAN/WAN everyday operational checks
o Assist with Cisco switches, routers, access points and firewalls deployments
o Assist with support issues related to network connectivity and security
o Assist with network documentation and monitoring
• Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation and a good attitude focused on quality customer service to internal and external peers and customers
•Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Required to work with limited supervision, while maintaining accountability for assigned area of responsibility.
• Available for on-call duties and occasional after hours, weekends system maintenance events
To be considered candidates should have the following skills:
• Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication, and analytical skills
• A senior undergraduate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Must be able to work during regular business hours Mon-Fri, 8:30-5:30pm (possible flexibility based on class schedule)
• One years of working experience with supporting Information Technology and the people who use it
• Knowledge and experience with Windows 7 OS in Microsoft AD environment and Office 2010. Microsoft certification MCITP Windows 7 is a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
• Knowledge and interest in IP networking
• Knowledge of PC and printer hardware
• Ability to troubleshoot and correct hardware and software problems
• Ability to conduct an application training
• Be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
Please apply online at www.emmis.com. No phone calls please!
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER