National Sales Manager (NSM) for WFXT/FOX25. WFXT, a property of CMG Boston, is comprised of WFXT Television, myFOXboston.com, Mobile, Tablet and other digital services.Key Objective:
Identify and drive sales strategies for WFXT in order to attain revenue and share goals through development of overall direction, research and implementation of transactional negotiations, sales initiatives, project management and training. Strategize and work collaboratively with both National and Local sales management teams and the entire sales organization to successfully execute the revenue development needs of WFXT. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional negotiation expertise and strong leadership qualities, along with effective communication, problem solving and project management skills.Summary:
Under the direction of the General Sales Manager (GSM), the NSM leads the National sales efforts in partnership with TeleRep. We are seeking a Sales Leader with a proven track record of success in achieving and exceeding station goals and objectives for all media platforms through
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong communication and negotiation tactics
- Effective inventory management and pricing strategies
- Solid leadership of the National sales team
- Collaboration with WFXT and TeleRep sales leadership teams, national reps and local AE’s, along with other station departments and customers
- Provide Leadership and direction to National sales team
- Recruit, hire and train support staff to provide assistance to the National sales efforts
- Performance management coaching and training of National sales support staff
- Set quarterly and annual revenue and share goals for National business. Track performance and determine accountability measures.
- Develop and monitor performance accountability systems
- Work with TeleRep to accurately forecast revenue and share – weekly, monthly and annually
- Meet and exceed revenue budgets and share goals including total station, business development, digital and station initiatives
- Manage inventory and rates to maximize station revenue in order to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Develop strong client relationships through in-person meetings, sales presentations and client entertainment both in the market as well as travel to key National offices
- Participate in Local weekly sales meetings
- Conduct National weekly sales meetings with significant TeleRep office(s)
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the Boston market in order to identify key strategies, emerging categories and new client prospects in order to increase overall station revenue
- Analyze market trends, competitive initiatives and CMR data
- Work in partnership with CMG Revenue Department and CMG Digital, as well as WFXT sales managers, TeleRep, Marketing, Research, News, Creative Services on ways to continually increase revenue and market share
- Knowledge of Excel & Power Point
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
NSM position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of sales management experience or 5+ years established television sales experience
- Proven track record of building, developing and training strong sales teams
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
The qualified candidate will have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and research; write reports and business correspondence; effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.Mathematical Skills:
The qualified candidate will have the ability to calculate budgets, projections and commissions and other industry related calculations.Reasoning Ability:
The qualified candidate will have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They will also have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have good working knowledge of broadcast television industry, digital media platforms, terminology, and analytics.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions (traveling to and from clients/agencies).
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Hours are irregular and often exceed a 40-hour week (preparation, travel and entertainment), based on business demand. Hours may include evenings and weekends.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WFXT/FOX25 is an equal opportunity employer. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status or sexual orientation is prohibited.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at
Cox Media Group
US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Apr 7, 2015, 10:59:00 PM