WICN Public Radio, 90.5 FM in Worcester, MA seeks to hire a Part-Time Operations Manager who will be responsible for the technical and legal operation of the station. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintenance of internal network and various software programs
• Troubleshooting and coordinating hardware failures
• Security and privacy maintenance
• Coordination with vendors for service
Equipment Maintenance and Operations
• Basic maintenance, facilitation of repairs and service, and operations of:
• Office equipment
• Broadcast equipment
• Telephone system
• Coordination of office space and misc. facilities issues and associated record keeping Production
• Use of the AudioVault system, Audition, FinalCut Pro and Audacity software for spot production
• Downloading and digital editing of pre-recorded programs
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• The official role of Operations Manager for the station in accordance with FCC requirements
• Public Filings and Record Keeping in accordance with FCC and other requirements
• On call for troubleshooting and repair
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
• 3-5 years solid broadcast experience
• General Class FCC License or an equivalent certification; SBE certification a plus
• RF transmitter experience.
• Strong experience with Information Technology infrastructures, computer networks and audio playback systems is required.
• Knowledge of audio production and office software programs (such as Drupal, Word, Excel, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, Audition, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, html, etc.)
• Superb organizational and communications skills (verbal and written)
• Must be available for after-hours emergency or routine maintenance as the need arises
• Valid drivers license with clear driving record is required
WICN is a non-profit jazz and alternative music FM radio station broadcasting 24/7 from the cultural district in downtown Worcester, MA. to a regional area encircled by the outskirts of Boston, MA. to Providence, RI; Nashua, NH; and Ashford, CT.
As a non-profit public radio station, WICN is funded in part by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, through listener support, membership and underwriting. The team is a dedicated, small and passionate group of individuals who put in a lot of time and take pride in their work. If you have the qualifications and are right for the non-profit public radio environment, you are welcome to apply for this position.
Interested candidates MUST submit a resume and cover letter by September 19, 2014. The cover letter must provide an explanation of how your experience relates to the responsibilities of the Operations Manager position and must demonstrate that you have the required qualifications. No inquiries from agencies – candidates only.
WICN is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Direct all interest to:
WICN Public Radio, Inc.
50 Portland Street
Worcester, MA 01608