One moment please...
back to search results
Junior Talent Buyer
New Orleans, LA
Assisting all aspects of obtaining and promoting venue acts
• Create and grow recurring local artist shows and club nights to achieve budgeted profit
• Maintain and grow current local nights and club nights to achieve budgeted profit
• Execute promoting deals with local third-party promoters
• Work with venue marketer on ticket give-away promotions, marketing materials and street team efforts
• Receive/review demo tapes received from local/national musicians
• Work with talent agencies and band representatives to advance show
• Compile and distribute monthly musical calendar
• Communicate calendar updates/changes to staff and appropriate media and provide them with promotional material
• Review band contracts and riders
• Receive/distribute all mail/faxes/fed ex for Talent department
• Ensure that flow of venue and corporate information gets to Talent Buyer in an orderly and timely fashion
• Schedule appointments and act as liaison between staff and Talent Buyer
• Field and make calls for Talent Buyer - Follow up calls and correspondence as needed
• Set up filing system – Create/update of all artist biography information
• Buy talent for the 370 capacity Parish Room and assist with booking other HOB NOLA venue spaces as needed.
• Manage and execute all Artist contract/rider processing, deposits, night of show payments, and tax documents.
• Prepare plans describing action steps to achieve financial targets.
Job Requirements :
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook
• 2 years prior experience Talent Buying is required
• College degree preferred but not a requirement
• Ability to be creative and multi-task in a very dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to meet goals and objectives
• Proactive team player with a positive attitude
• Strong verbal and written skills / phone etiquette and communication skills
• Knowledge/experience with Search Engine Marketing and Email/Social marketing
back to search results
Entertainment Jobs in The Sports Industry
Search Jobs in TV, Radio, Film, Live Events and More
Want More Jobs Like This?
We love helping you with your job search -- we make it even easier by delivering the best jobs to your inbox.
Configure Job Alerts
A Few Related Jobs
On Air Talent Radio
On Air Talent
Charles Barkley Talent Services
Assistant, Talent Relations
We're Working For You!
Instead of spending massive amounts of time and energy searching through catch-all job sites or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding jobs from every entertainment employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear,
upgrade your account
and get full access to every entertainment job right now. While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Career Advice Blog
© 2012-2020 Work In Entertainment, LLC.