Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team. Emmis' Radio Division owns stations in markets across the United States, including B105.7, ESPN 1070, HANKFM 97.1 and WIBC 93.1 in Indianapolis.
The Digital Brand Manger is responsible for the day-to-day management and prioritization of the content on 1070TheFan.com. This role will be responsible for evolving our current radio web sites and radio station content into multiplatform live 24/7 engaging digital media experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with EMG Director, Promotion Directors, Sales Managers and Program Directors to concept, develop and successfully execute the station content strategy
• With the Director of EMG, develop editorial guidelines, calendars and systems for generating a large volume of content everyday
• Train content creators in using the content management system
• Monitor and hold accountable our content producers for their contributions
• Partner with the program director and promotion director in executing the station’s social media strategy and plan
• Analyze and communicate website analytics to stakeholders
• Grow key on-line metrics through analysis and creativity
• Build ads for clients and 1070 The Fan as needed
Considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
• Advanced knowledge of Illustrator & Photoshop
• Knowledge of Adobe Flash is preferred
• Understanding of web metrics and ability to analyze them for decision making
• Collaborative teacher that is passionate about growing and educating people in the digital space.
• Confidence to communicate in groups and across departments.
• Ability to process information, create solutions and execute ideas in a fast paced entertainment environment
• Intense work style with the ability to manage complex situations and high volume of work.
• Team player who can wear many hats and always be part of the solution.
• Effective interpersonal, listening, writing, and presentation skills
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• Knowledge and passion for radio, digital media, events and promotions
• Ability to focus, work under pressure, and deliver quality results under tight timelines
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Additional Skills / Preferences:
• Highly motivated individual, competent and accountable for individual work
• Desire to work within a goal-oriented team environment
• Project management software, specifically BaseCamp
• Social Media tools, specifically Hootsuite
Please submit your resume and profile online at www.emmis.com.
No phone calls please.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER