KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is looking for Sports Interns. Participating in the Internship Program you will have the opportunity to experience how a daily local station puts together several sports broadcasts that run throughout each day. Interns will also take part in day to day activities for a major Broadcast News. Paid Internship programs will begin in the summer, for approximately 12 weeks and conclude in August.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university, and be an incoming sophomore, Junior or Senior in the Fall.
• Must have excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
• Must have a strong interest in all sports, beyond just the major ones.
• Must have flexible hours at night and on weekends.
• Working with all sports department computer programs
• Working with all members of the sports department and assisting them in preparing each afternoon and nightly sportscasts.
• Logging nightly games as well as interviews shot by our reporters.
• Must be enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university.
• Must receive course credit, and/or provide a letter of acknowledgement from direct advisor stating that this internship will directly benefit candidates’ degree
Additional Candidate Instructions:
•All qualified candidates MUST apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and www.cbscareers.com (external applicants).
•This is the ONLY method by which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.
Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled