The Director of International Media will assume multiple responsibilities primarily including evaluating media plans submitted by 30+ international territories on every SPE title, partner title, and acquisitions. The Manager will liaise with local territory managers daily as well as many levels of senior level management, including sales/distribution supervisors on revenue projections, budget forecasting, dating, potential “nrp’s (no release planned)”, and ancillary uplift level requirements.
The Manager is responsible for preparing all budget information in preparation for senior level budget approval meetings. This key role is instrumental in developing the “ultimate” budget approval. The role will research comparative titles/historical performances by territory, and present recommended territory spending levels to VP and media team for discussion and review..
Daily responsibilities will also include managing the coordinator who will primarily monitor spending by picture, by territory to determine changes in the worldwide bottom line activity.Meeting attendance with senior levels of management also required. Some travel to international markets.
The Manager is responsible for negotiating and supervising 50% of our pan-regional buy with every cable/satellite network partner. This includes forecasting budgets, writing and requesting briefs, collecting submissions, evaluating plan activity, negotiating “added value” and executing the overall buy with every participating market.
1. Evaluating media plans submitted by the international field offices to determine media planning and buying strategy by picture by territory and reporting status to VP for next steps and “ultimate” budget approval. The role will research comparative titles and historical performances by territory to determine overall spending appropriateness.
2. Supervising our every phase of our pan-regional buys for half our annual slate.
3. Handle the day to day supervision of the coordinator to keep the bottom line spend updated daily for each title through pre, current and post release, including updating exchange rates. Will supervise the coordinator in handling the purchase order IMSM (purchase order system) flow for approval and communication back to the territories. Also responsible for informing VP of significant changes in bottom line spending and/or relevant territory shifts.
4. Supervising bottom-line “ultimate” movement by picture in Interplan (database). This position will monitor and act upon the activity on a weekly basis.
5. Preparing all the documentation and presentation materials for “ultimate” budget approval to International president among many other senior levels of management for every title 3 months prior to the first international release date
6. Manages preplan request process with every international territory by film – sends request, sends reminders, develops excel spreadsheet indicating each territories recommendation and subsequent
7. Helps with miscellaneous projects including filmmaker presentations.
Interplan and other internal sales related systems. Works closely with Finance group on exchange rate updates and impact as well as on the newly initiated IMSM system which handles the Purchase order system of every major territory. Knowledge also required in power point with extreme proficiency a must with excel.
Skill In: Power point and excel plus internal sony departments, including IT
Ability To: interface with all levels of management from President to Asst. seamlessly. Also deals with multiple international nuances, cultures and time zones and currencies. Must balance local territory expertise with home office goals and strategies and determine when to defer locally and when to insert home office influence.
Marketing / Publicity / Advertising
CTMG/Motion Picture Marketing