The ideal candidate for this position is excited to work for a premiere, national public media producer in a creative yet highly professional environment and eager to gain experience in a number of marketing domains. This candidate is a team player with excellent organizational skills, is customer-service oriented and can be comfortable working alongside executives and entry-level colleagues alike.
This candidate is measured based on specific digital and PR objectives and project completion, and performance.
• Contribute to creation and implementation of social media plans that leverage content and other assets.
• Assist with earned media pitches and preparation
• Contribute and manage to social media and blog content
• Support and coordinate PR programs by ensuring information flow within both the organization, outside clients and third parties. This may require gathering data or assets, respond to requests, etc.
• Report, gather and communicate marketing metrics
• Provide project support as needed
• Other duties as assigned
One to three years’ experience in a public relations, digital marketing, or related communications role and a degree in a related discipline
• Experience in executing a PR campaign, a marketing campaign, a social media program, or other initiative requiring effective communication and teamwork
• Clear communication and good writing skills (a writing exercise will be required)
• Great people skills and relationship-building skills for individuals from all walks of life
• Demonstrated expertise of social media and a strong desire to leverage social media within marketing
• Adherence to deadlines, organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• An orientation toward measurable results and willingness to provide quantitative results of marketing activities
• Comfort level working with senior and junior team members
• Critical thinking skills to provide right information for intended needs