Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
The Security Director will manage all aspects of security for NBCUniversal’s properties located in New Jersey. This includes the Englewood Cliffs, NJ Campus, which houses the CNBC Headquarters, NBCUniversal’s Network Origination Center, and a state-of-the-art Technology Center, amongst other clients; this position is also responsible for security management for our archives and media asset management warehouse in North Bergen, WNJU (Telemundo station) in Fort Lee, as well as other rooftops in NJ. The position will report into the VP, Corporate Security and will oversee and coordinate all security efforts that protect NBCUniversal’s people, properties and operations. This position will be based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
General responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement consistent security policies and procedures at all locations
• Develop and manage a security budget for all rooftops
• Conduct and critique Emergency Response drills, Active Shooter drills, and medical Emergency drills.
• Develop and train security personnel in emergency response and provide security awareness seminars to alert employees of various security concerns.
• Develop and enhance security designs and upgrade technology to provide a safe working environment.
• Partner with key stakeholders and other divisions to ensure policies and processes are aligned with client needs. Coordinate with Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Global Security, IT Security and Studio Operations on a regular basis.
• Maintain professional contacts and liaisons with local, state and federal law enforcement units.
• Provide security protection and escorts when requested by Executive leadership
• Review and oversee security vendor contracts and employees
• Benchmark external companies and security associations to identify best practices.
• Supervise Visitor Center process, oversee Access Control systems and ensure appropriate processes are in place to issue NBCUniversal credentials to employees and outside vendors at all rooftops
• Perform Security site assessments for Special Events
• Ensure routine reporting and establish a notification process based on issues which affect these locations
• Participate in Crisis Management team and creation of site specific crisis plans
• Serve as the primary interface between CNBC and Government Agencies
• Works closely with the NBCUniversal Travel Security Team in arranging security for CNBC Staff traveling to “High Risks” destinations
• 8+ years experience in law enforcement, security or intelligence for governmental agencies or major multinational corporations.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
• Must apply via nbcunicareers.com in order to be considered
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must pass a background investigation
• Must be willing to work night and weekend hours, and be available 24/7 for urgent matters
• Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelor’s degree with concentration in management, criminal justice, law enforcement technology or similar field or equivalent experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization.