• The Social Media Senior Manager for NBC Entertainment Digital will shape and drive the social media strategies for multiple NBC shows, lead a team of Social Media Managers to manage profiles, oversee the creation of entertaining and engaging content, and represent Digital Marketing within the company and to key stakeholders.
• Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and interact with our audience.
• Develop an overall social marketing plan for assigned shows in deep collaboration with Social Media Managers, show production, Digital Marketing staff, and Publicity.
• Lead a team of Social Media Managers.
• Oversee the ideation and execution of content on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Instagram, and Vine.
• Become an expert on assigned shows, including familiarity with the format, plot, characters, talent, competitors, and online fandom, from present to previous seasons.
• Partner with Research staff to monitor the impact of social programs and share those findings with key stakeholders.
• Supplement team resources with hands on work managing some profiles
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in social or digital media, creating entertainment-based content and experiences.
• A demonstrable passion for social media.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be willing to work in New York City, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Passion for social media, online communities and digital content.
• Experience managing social media teams.
• Deep familiarity with digital content formats and production.
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
• Keen awareness of pop culture and social media trends.
• Able to work effectively with creative individuals, show production staff, technology experts, sales executives, and other diverse stakeholders.
• Thrive in the fast paced TV and social environments; manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.