Search underway for a Director of Broadcast Engineering. This individual is required to have in-depth experience as a leader in the world of maintenance of integrated audio, video, data and lighting systems along with broad basis of experience in the live production of televised events, concerts, music recording, and multi-media presentations.
The position heads up a multi-talented team of engineers and technicians who are responsible for maintaining technology used in a state of the art media production facility.Responsibilities :
- Manage television maintenance engineering department staff: Set goals and priorities, schedule, manage performance, and evaluate employees within the Engineering Maintenance Department. Coordinate with VP of Engineering and HR department, to recruit and fill positions as needed.
- Insure that existing technical standards are consistently maintained, and work with VP of Engineering to help develop new standards as necessary.
- Provide technical direction and engineering for all live broadcasts.
- With the VP of Engineering, participate in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning.
- Train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures for broadcast transmission and systems.
- Oversee purchasing of parts and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, electronics, or related field
- Minimum 7 years progressive experience focusing on engineering maintenance personnel management and budget management.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct equipment problems quickly under production pressure.
- Ability to design, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or repair TV broadcasting, post audio and recording studio equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of audio, video and control systems as well as architectural and cabling requirements. Product research and reading comprehension with respect to technical specifications.
- Ability to read and understand signal flow diagrams. Ability to create signal flow drawings based on an equipment list and system description. Ability to read and understand architectural and millwork drawings.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Experience recording or airing live performances.