WHO WE ARE
At Mattel, our vision is Creating the Future of Play. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Successful Lead Engineer – GIT candidates will be skilled in the following:
- Works directly with customers, vendors, and Strategic Partners to identify, troubleshoot, resolve data networking related issues and/or design network solutions.
Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN connectivity issues.
- Provide timely and accurate progress status on all ongoing GIT projects.
- Evaluate and recommend new or upgraded products to enhance the performance of the LAN/ WAN.
Key ResponsibilitiesPrimary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance on and/or lead the design & engineering efforts, as well as expert technical input & support for engineering network & telecommunications solutions based on recognized standards and best practices.
- Direct Mattel's vendors and provide guidance & criteria for documenting design standards and engineering solutions.
- Assist leadership, collaborate and consult with stakeholders to develop solutions and coordinate, implement, and prioritize plans to meet standards & requirements.
- Work closely with project managers to upgrade or create designs to meet business requirements. Work with peers to assist and support other engineering initiatives.
- Follow all Change Management and Acceptance Testing processes. Validate and/or improve processes for performing change and quality assurance checks.
- Lead efforts in updates to processes, procedures, guidelines, and standards, including quality controls. Participate in investigations, analysis, reviews, pilots, and evaluations of advanced technologies.
- Work with peers in recommending improvements to existing systems and identify potential issues for escalation and resolution
Experience - External
A successful candidate must:
- Process Oriented Individual
- Must demonstrate the ability to think critically, creatively, independently and cooperatively.
- Be mentally flexible and agile
- Strong technical project engineering skills and excellent analytical problem solving skills
A successful candidate will likely have:
- 5 – 7 years experience 5 or more years of high-level network planning and design experience
- Must have excellent oral and written skills. Strong documentation and presentation are critical.
- Familiarity with MPLS/BGP, EIGRP, QoS, WAN
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Previous experience in network services within a global enterprise
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP Certification
MORE ABOUT WHO WE AREMattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:
) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco R/C®, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Thomas & Friends®, Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the sixth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" and the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs nearly 28,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play." Follow Mattel on Facebook:
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer