Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
An essential part of Radio Operations, the News/Sports Reporter works with Programming on all matters regarding news and sports. This position will prepare and deliver newscasts on appropriate stations. Must be an aggressive self-starter who can hit the ground running, cut up sound on the fly, report live from the street or in-house, love big breaking news, write conversationally, and stay on top of social media – all while updating the web and Facebook. Must be able to write short, tight copy, adlib well, anchor short form newscasts or long form event coverage when necessary, interact with talk show hosts and news anchors live, and understand news coverage in the digital/social media age.
• Report to and work with the Program Director on matters of news and sports, including but not limited to content and format of same.
• Prepare and anchor newscasts during times determined by station needs.
• Develop and produce local interest “feature”.
• Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
• Cultivate news and sports contacts outside the station.
• Follow FCC and station procedures regarding FCC license, on-air responsibilities and maintenance of program and transmitter logs.
• Interview guests, and moderate panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
• Set up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
• High School Diploma; College degree preferred.
• Formal training in radio broadcasting and two years related experience and/or training.
• Ability to operate on-air control board, reel to reel tape recorder and remote broadcast equipment.
• Must be a fast learner and self-starter capable of doing more than one thing at a time.
• Adobe Audition and RCS News experience a plus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Valid driver’s license.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.