Adap.tv is the video advertising platform of choice for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. A unified, programmatic platform that provides buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure across linear TV and online video, Adap.tv is transforming the way video advertising is bought and sold. Adap.tv is a an AOL owned company.Product Manager, Data & Analytics:
In case you haven't noticed, there's a revolution going on in television! Viewers are shifting in large numbers from watching broadcast TV on cable to watching video on the web. Much of the content is ad-supported, so the ads need to follow the viewership. As a consequence, the TV advertising industry - with annual revenues of $70B in the U.S. - needs to adopt a completely new technology stack to enable advertising in digital video. And who is the leading company providing this technology stack? Adap.tv (an AOL company).
If the opportunity to disrupt a $70B industry sounds exciting to you, and you want to join a top-notch product management team in a fast-growing company, then this opportunity might be for you.What you'll do:
Adap.tv needs a talented and experienced product manager to help us develop our world-class data warehouse and analytics strategy, further enhancing the world's most advanced platform for video advertising. As product manager you will own and drive our big data, data warehouse and analytics vision/strategy by working with all the stakeholders and executing on defined roadmaps by collaborating with all the relevant teams. Be the voice of internal and external customers in understanding customer problem and requirements, and support customer success in leveraging data as asset for business decision making.Job Responsibilities:
- Quickly become expert in online video advertising technologies, companies, and terminology.
- Meet frequently with internal and external customers - including advertisers, agencies, networks, and publishers - to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs. Customer knowledge is the source of product management power.
- Rapidly formulate concrete feature designs that address needs and requirements expressed by internal and external customers. Designs should be simple, minimal, extensible, consistent with existing functionality, and easy to use.
- Elicit feedback from stakeholders, and iterate to achieve alignment around the final specifications.
- Evangelize, train, and produce clear documentation for internal and external customers.
- Over time, assume ownership of product roadmap for a significant portion of the application.
- Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe a substantial software product that you built personally, either on the job or as a personal project, demonstrating your ability to envision, define, and execute independently.
- Significant experience working as a product manager on data analytics or data warehouse products very helpful, or conversely on a large-scale web application or enterprise software product with front and back-end processes.
- Proven and continued success collaborating with cross-functional groups including corporate management, engineering, client services, enterprise customers, and direct sales teams.
- Exceptional ability to articulate business and product requirements to engineering in timely manner.
- Exceptional and demonstrable problem-solving and design capabilities.
- Experience with online advertising preferred, but not required.
- Technical aptitude is helpful. Computer science degree preferred but not required.
- MBA welcomed but not required.
This is an amazing opportunity for a product manager who is ready to be challenged and take their career to the next level. The Adap.tv product team is a small group of smart, creative, and disciplined professionals that are steeped in the ideas of Marty Cagan, Steve Blank, and Eric Ries. Adap.tv is a lean startup, and we practice lean software development. We labor over every product prioritization decision, and we believe in building minimal viable products. Build, and measure, and learn, oh my!
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.