Summary / Emploi Aperçu:At IZ-ON Media, a division of Technicolor located in San Francisco, we develop software to enable internal and external customers to create video advertising campaigns for the retail and restaurant video advertising networks
run by us and our partners. IZ-ON Media software also powers the distribution and playout of the campaigns in IZ-ON Media networks installed at thousands of retail locations nationwide, as well as the management of these systems. Our software is a key part of what makes us the industry leader in digital place based media.
As a Software Engineer in our DevOps group, you will work as part of the team to automate the monitoring and management of our back end systems as well as our heterogeneous network of thousands of in-store systems. As a member of a multi-disciplined team, you will mentor, and also learn from, your peers.
- Configure and operate our tools to gather information from, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in thousands of in-store systems.
- Test code and configuration changes that you and others create.
- Implement, test, and support software update packages and installers used by automated deployment systems to distribute and install software on thousands of in-store systems.
- Expand our alerting, reporting, dashboard and automated ticketing capabilities.
- Ensure good software engineering practices are adhered to in the development and deployment of our monitoring and management components.
- Be available off hours – not 24x7 - when things come up.
Qualifications / Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years of software engineering or development experience, in a structured environment, preferably on a geographically distributed system.
- To be fluent in GNU/Linux
- Experience using monitoring tools like Splunk and Nagios is a big plus
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Perl. Most of our scripting will be done in Python, but we have plenty of legacy code in Perl and other languages.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to work productively with a wide range of people.
- To handle interruptions and task switching – this is an operations group and things come up.
- The desire and the ability to bring order to a large organically grown network of interdependent systems.