The SVP will be responsible for organizing and leading all national sales efforts for the NBCU Owned Telemundo NSO, including responsibilities to empower and drive local sales. This role will report into the NBCUOTS Chief Revenue Officer. Primary responsibility will be to implement the stations groups’ collective strategy with all agencies and advertisers in order to grow revenue and achieve business plan goals.
Responsibilities would include:
• Direct management of all Telemundo National Sales offices (NY, LA, Miami, Chicago, Dallas & Atlanta)
• Run weekly VPOS meetings and step operate as the TLMD sales leadership point of contact
• Provide strategic input in setting and maintaining sales targets for National Sales Account Executives
• Help define and guide individual station sales to develop a comprehensive local sales strategy
• Work with Telemundo Station GMs, VPOS’s and National Sales Managers to ensure all revenue goals are clearly defined and achieved
• Oversee Telemundo Affiliate sales efforts
• Lead effort to increase Telemundo presence in general Market
• Partner with SVP, NBC Owned Stations BD to help develop multi-market (Spanish speaking) Business Development initiatives (including Sports & Olympics sales)
• Leadership of all Telemundo National Sales initiatives and partnership of Telemundo, Spanish-language functional areas including
o Comcast Regional Sports Nets
o Research & Insights
o Business Development
o Sales Marketing
o Sports and Olympics
o Digital Sales including DOOH
• Develop synergy and marketing opportunities with other NBCUniversal sales teams
• Cultivate and develop relationships with all key agencies and advertisers throughout the region.
• Grow share of advertising dollars by developing and selling sponsorships to non-traditional accounts and actively participate with the Account Executives on all negotiations.
• Deliver presentations to Corporate Senior Management and assist VPOS with maintaining relationships, negotiating, and closing major deals when needed.
• Coach and mentor Account Executives in the field to identify and communicate areas of strength and needed improvements. Holds regular sales and marketing meetings to train and evaluate progress.
• 10+ years minimum in station/national media sales
• Major market sales experience
• Clear understanding and experience in all media, including emerging digital platforms
• Bachelor's degree
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to evenings and weekends
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Solid experience in local and/or national television sales with demonstrated TV sales management experience.
• Strong negotiation, strategic planning, organization, business development, internet and computer skills.
• Spanish language fluency preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of Spanish language media preferred