Requisition ID 25963
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the global leader in real life entertainment.
We are proud to have been named to Vault.com's 2020 rankings for The 100 Best Internships, Best Media & Telecom Internships and Best Internships for Diversity.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from June 1st-August 21st 2020.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 20th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Have you ever wondered how television commercials get to your TV? Or about the strategy behind which commercials air on which networks and why? If you ever had an interest in Advertising Sales or Ad Sales Marketing, an Ad Sales Internship could be the perfect fit for you! Advertising Sales is a key revenue stream for Discovery working with national advertisers and their agencies to sell commercial space on our networks.
As an Ad Sales Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Create client presentations
• Analyze ratings through Nielsen, MRI, Lake 5 and Ad-Views
• Report on trends and complete competitor analyses
• Develop marketing plans and/or creative proposals
• Execute inventory management & analysis
• Monitor performance indicators for sales campaigns
• Get an in depth view of how the advertising industry works!
• Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in DETROIT. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.