This position is an overnight job, writing copy and anchoring newscasts for local and national affiliates. It is geared towards providing national as well as local coverage for morning drive. It will also assist with show-prep coverage. Position will write wire content, cover regional stories and also deliver newscasts.
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content as well as delivers newscasts.
• Scans various websites, newspapers, magazines, social media, online content and other sources for latest information on celebrities, entertainment, news events, music, current events, weather etc., in order to collect information for posting on “prep services” websites.
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar news gathering and/or media operations environment
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required