We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable web developer to join NPM Creative, the sponsorship product team for NPR’s digital properties. We are seeking a person passionate about polyglot programming, web technologies, RESTful APIs and about building scalable revenue products that support the sustainability of NPR’s journalism efforts. The right person for this role learns fast and is an independent thinker who is willing to bring new approaches and ideas to our product development team.
The Senior Marketing Manager is a member of the Marketing, Branding, and Communications (MBC) department. They are responsible for imagining and executing marketing initiatives that attract, grow, and retain audience for NPR. This role will create brand strategies and marketing plans for podcasts, live events, digital and mobile products, newsroom projects, fundraising initiatives, and other major initiatives. The Senior Marketing Manager will serve as the interface between the Creative team and internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strategic mind, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively between multiple stakeholders and executives. They will be strategic and collaborative, and someone that thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment. This person should be a highly-motivated and organized individual who can manage simultaneous projects, programs, and deliverables, efficiently and effectively. They should be passionate about media and journalism and have an interest in new technology, actively seeking information on the latest innovations and opportunities for NPR to retain its leadership in the audio space.
• Create brand strategies and marketing plans for NPR’s ever-growing portfolio of programs, podcasts, and platforms
• Identify target audiences, define marketing messages, and set KPIs to help NPR launch new properties and grow its audience
• Drive complex marketing projects from kick-off through execution, including: managing timelines and deadlines, running meetings, scheduling creative reviews, overseeing budgets, and serving as the primary liaison with NPR departments, including but not limited to Programming, the Newsroom, Consumer Products
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that Marketing’s role and abilities are understood at the onset of project kickoff
• Schedule, track, and prioritize marketing and communications projects across all platforms (print, interactive/online, audio)
• Ensure timely project kick-off, completion, and approval from stakeholders and lead post-campaign debrief meetings
• Measure project success using industry-standard metrics (Nielsen ratings, Cume, AQH, click thru rates, downloads) that help determine the performance of ad campaigns, shows and podcasts
• Communicate clearly, collaborate, and motivate the project team to identify and achieve shared goals
• 6-8 years of experience in a marketing and/or project management role
• Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and gain the respect and support of internal and external clients
• Strategic thinker with a keen interest in the media landscape, with knowledge of the latest trends and best practices that drive audience growth and engagement
• Strong listening, writing, and speaking skills
• Knowledge of best marketing practices for email, display ads, websites, and apps
• Experience using Adobe creative products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); Microsoft Office; Google Drive
• Creative thinker and doer with a passion for marketing, advertising, and design
• Basic understanding of core marketing principles, and design and merchandise processes
• Experience in or with a media organization and/or public media