The CW Television Network launched in 2006 as America’s fifth broadcast network, with programming targeting younger viewers, a demographic highly sought after by advertisers. A joint venture between Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corporation, The CW broadcasts a six-night, 12-hour primetime lineup, Sunday through Friday.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
The CW Network, LLC seeks a SVP, Current Programming for the Current Programming department.
• Monitor current programs for The CW primetime line-up.
• This includes the reading and evaluation of weekly scripts regarding concept, character development, character definition, story structure, and dialogue.
• Evaluates daily script revisions and dailies of series.
• Acting liaison between internal departments, network executives, and showrunners to ensure show maintenance and quality control.
• Advise in the staffing of shows (writers, producers, etc.)
• Build relationships with writers, directors, producers, etc. with projects that enhance the network’s programming objectives.
What do we require from you?
• BA/BS degree in related field preferred.
• Must have extensive experience in TV Scripted Programming, story analysis and giving story notes.
• Experience in evaluating writers and directors.
• Knowledge of television programming, creative and talent management community.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Work and Excel.
• 5+ years previous experience in the entertainment industry required.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with managers and other levels of personnel, as well as outside attorneys, agents, and producers.
• Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime and travel, if and when necessary.