WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
Posting Job Description
Senior DevOps Engineer
WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior DevOps Engineer for the WB Games NY Studio. As a Senior Software Engineer at WB Games NY (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called “Hydra Studio”, in addition to some other internal technologies. You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the Hydra platform, and ensure an efficient and stable environment for WB Games' catalogue of products.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
What part will you play?
• Own the automation of our infrastructure platform
• Work on incorporating WB Games’ engineering practices into infrastructure operations
• Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
• Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
What do we need from you?
• Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Able to read and write software in Python or some other general-purpose programming language
• Strong experience with databases (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
• Experience using and creating APIs
• Experience with automation/configuration management (we use SaltStack and AWS Cloud Formation)
• Experience with system monitoring tools (we use Datadog, Kibana, and Sentry)
• Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
• A detail-oriented, organized thought process and the ability to act decisively under stressful conditions
• A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills
• An understanding of system optimization issues
• This position can be based on-site at the WB Games Boston studio in Needham, MA (19mi from Boston) or at the WB NY studio in Troy NY.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
• Competitive salaries
• Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
• Company-matching 401K retirement program
• Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
• An open & collaborative work space
• We value a good work-life balance
• The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.