The Network Associate role is an entry level position in the Global NetOps team. This person is responsible for developing expertise in Wireless, Local and Wide area network technologies to support the day-to-day operations, project management and network analysis for NBC Universal. This position has a global reach and requires the skills to work effectively in an enterprise environment servicing both internal and external clients. Incumbent’s responsibilities consist of a L1/L2 troubleshooting escalation path for the network operations team as well as a project manager role for operational enhancement efforts. Global Network Operations support a large number of business units including On-Air broadcast networks and TV stations, internal application server farms, cutting edge enterprise data centers servicing proxy and web hosting environments and external facing 3rd party vendors. Interpersonal communication and a proactive nature will be key in successfully fulfilling this role. As this is a highly hands-on role, the likely candidate will be expected to rely on his or her expertise and experience to resolve issues expeditiously as well as possess the patience to see a long-term project effort through to completion.
• Working knowledge of WiFi / LAN / WAN inter-networking and switching concepts and technologies. Other relevant experience would include TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, firewalls, proxies, Active Directory, DNS, VoIP, Videoconferencing and unified communications.
• Working experience with scripting technologies. Emphasis on network monitoring and automation.
• Working knowledge of Windows, MAC and Linux operating system troubleshooting and administration a plus.
• Strong project management, organizational and communication skills are required.
• Position provides onsite support at USH during normal business hours. Off-hours support may be required on a rotating basis.
• Bachelor of Science degree in computer, network or security engineering preferred; certifications in network or security preferred