This position is responsible for managing and processing the leave of absences for union and non-union employees, determining FMLA eligibility and sending out applicable correspondences regarding the status of employee’s leave of absence requests. This position also serves as a liaison between the employees, Third Party Leave Administrator , and Park Management to manage the coordination of employee’s work place accommodation request.
• Manage and track LOA process manually and with outside administrator for both non-union and union population, collaborating between management, in addition to NBCU Benefits and Payroll as needed
• Sends necessary paperwork to employees, processes claims, and tracks time off due to all Leave of Absence including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, FMLA, Parental Leave, Professional Leave and Disability
• Act as point person for employees with inquiries about Leave of Absences and engages in the interactive process with employee if necessary.
• Will partner with the Third Party Leave Administrator and Park Management to determine if work restrictions can be accommodated with consideration and review of the employee’s job description
• Regularly interact with the leave management vendor to ensure administration of leaves, leave tracking and certification/re-certification requests are done properly and timely in accordance with contract requirements
• Analyze routine and complex leave requests in accordance with company policy and applicable laws and facilitate an effective leave management program
• Monitor the status of all leaves of absences; take proactive measures to ensure all necessary updates and communications are provided to employees and leave process is efficient
• Conduct regular audits of the leave process to ensure adherence to policies, guidelines, and regulations
• Ensure that all necessary follow up with management and employees have been completed in order to obtain updated leaves
• Stay current on laws, case law, regulations and legal precedents relating to leaves; in partnership with Legal, ensures company leave-related policies and guidelines follow local, state, federal regulations
• Serve as subject matter expert for leave administration; provides guidance and education to managers, employees, and the HR Business Partners.
• Conducts Trainings for both HR Business Partners and Department Managers
• Identify problems and trends that require corrective action and assists in developing any necessary improvements relating to leave management and leave-end processes
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required; Human Resources, Business, Communication or related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing leave cases (FMLA, ADA, CFRA, etc) and Workers’ Compensation claims. Experience to include managing complex leaves of absence, engaging in the interactive process, accommodations, return-to-work and separation of employment.
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments in retail or hospitality industry preferred
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• SAP or HRIS experience preferred
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Can easily multi task and manage multiple projects
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required