At DreamWorks, we love bringing new artists and engineers into our company! We’ve always been about embracing fresh ideas, energy, and enthusiasm, and who better to help us do that than recent college grads? Seriously, you’ll never catch us waving a cane and yelling, “Get off my lawn!” Heck, we want you to play on our lawn!
DreamWorks Animation seeks an Intern for the Business and Legal Affairs department in Glendale, CA. The Intern will get exposure to a broad range of entertainment issues, including above-the-line and below-the-line talent contracts (e.g., writer, voice actor, director, producer, crew), rights acquisition, copyright and intellectual property, as well as the production process for animated television series and theatrical features.
The Intern will be supervised in various responsibilities that may include drafting of contracts, analysis of previously completed deals, review of clearance materials and preparation of production memoranda (e.g. chain of title, credit obligations), legal research and other projects.
• 3.0 GPA minimum.
• Must be a rising second- or third-year law student.
• Completion of contracts class required.
• Must have strong grades and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to commit 12 weeks to the internship and work onsite in Glendale, CA
• Ability to work full time (40 hours/week) from May/June 2020 - August/September 2020
• Ability to provide own housing, relocation and transportation.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
• Completion of an entertainment, copyright and/or intellectual property class preferred.