Job ID 746258BR
Freeform is seeking a Vice President, Media Relations to oversee corporate public and media relations efforts, and act as a strategic advisor to the network President and executive team on all communications matters. This executive will plan and direct messaging campaigns for Freeform content, and develop communication strategies that promote, enhance and protect the Freeform brand. This executive will also manage a team of publicists in crafting messaging, media and press strategies, and monitor pop culture and business trends to create opportunities for exposure.
• Develop communications strategies to promote the Freeform brand and its content across all platforms.
• Lead the development and execution of public relations campaigns across business, trade and consumer outlets.
• Respond to press inquiries on various matters and serve as primary point of contact with key media members.
• Oversee Talent Relations, and manage the media footprint of on-screen talent as it relates to Freeform content.
• Develop and oversee cohesive business-to-business messaging strategies that promote Freeform’s positive reputation amongst talent and industry executives.
• Work with Freeform’s leadership team and staff to identify internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
• Partner with a variety of internal parties to support programming and ongoing business needs.
• Oversee communications strategy and execution for awards programs and other live events.
• Provide strategic guidance and tactical assistance to executives to prepare them for media events, speeches, presentations, and interviews.
• Partner with Freeform development executives to determine appropriate information to disseminate to media and creative community.
• Partner with EPs and show-runners to determine their potential media opportunities.
• Closely partner with the Marketing team to promote the Freeform brand and broaden the social media impact of Freeform content.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals; assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and conduct annual performance appraisals.
• Significant television industry publicity or media relations experience.
• Demonstrated management experience leading teams, developing strategy, and executing press plans.
• Proven track record leading/managing successful communications strategies at a studio, network, or outside agency.
• Deep press/media contacts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superlative time management and organizational skills.
• Talent relations experience.
• Editorial experience.
• Strong history of building awareness outside of traditional media outlets.
• A strong vision for social communication, with a deep understanding of how to leverage influencers and social platforms to reach audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent work experience in corporate communications, PR, or media relations.