Job ID 745406BR
At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, HR Business Partner who will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of ABC News within Walt Disney Television. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies in support of multiple client groups through collaboration with clients, HR specialist teams and other HR business partners. They will serve as a consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, change management, organizational design and learning opportunities.
• Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of clients’ organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning & development and performance management to promote engagement, inclusion, and a culture of continuous growth and development
• Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
• Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support clients’ business objectives
• Coach and guide business leaders on key organizational and management issues
• Plan and facilitate work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus on business priorities
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management and career / succession planning, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
• Closely partner with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and building pipeline for future needs
• Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote and champion diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
• Leverage understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization
• Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy and collaborate with Learning & Development partners to help close gaps between current and future skills requirements
• Lead and develop HR Business Partner team members
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in human resources roles, including at least 5 years as an HR Business Partner within a large, dynamic environment
• Specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management
• Experience partnering with and influencing senior executives
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – effectively managing issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results)
• Ability to work in fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
• Proactive and independent work style, able to leverage relationships to deliver work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy
• Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience
• Relevant industry experience in the media space (preferably within a cutting edge, fast-paced, highly innovative environment)
• Experience working within a production environment
• Experience working within a unionized environment
• Experience managing and developing team members
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree