Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for seventeen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the streaming video business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail oriented skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of digital to help drive the success of the business.
1. Provide support to the marketing department in creating a weekly programming/ marketing calendar and agenda to support network meetings
2. Work with key stakeholders on the marketing team to manage the digital promotion development process; including submitting, reviewing, and distributing collateral to internal and external parties.
3. Update key marketing priorities on a weekly basis and more frequently, if needed.
4. Help manage email marketing /app notification programs around key priorities by working with the programming and CRM team.
5. Coordinate with marketing department to set up new vendors.
6. Help support marketing teams’ 360 promotions
• Prior experience in subscriber or membership based digital businesses, direct response digital marketing or relevant consulting/advertising/promotion agency experience preferred.
• Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneous
• Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY