This Integrated Account Executive will be responsible for selling national advertising across the Discovery linear and TVE/Go App properties for The Food Network, TLC, OWN and The Cooking Channel. This Account Executive will work with clients and advertising agencies throughout the East Coast region with an assigned account list and target new business development clients.
1. Develop and maintain client/advertising agency business across Discovery’s linear and digital brands and platforms
2. Present the full range of programming, audience and sponsorship/marketing opportunities
3. Responsible for the client service aspects/administration of account business, including direct supervision of a Sales Planner and Sales Assistant
4. This position requires strategic development and prospecting for the sales offering
5. Develop and present Integrated Ad Sales presentations
6. Prospect new business and set up strategic meetings with clients, agencies and endemic accounts. Make high level client and agency calls
7. Interface with Integrated Marketing, Research, Pricing & Planning and other Sales departments to respond to RFP’s, win business and drive incremental growth with existing clients.
• Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position Discovery’s suite of liner and digital networks against competing national television and digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required
• Strong analytical skills and 8-10 years related advertising/sales experience
• Must utilize innovation to creatively execute company goals and directions
• Travel between 15-20% of time to meet with clients and agencies across geographic territory footprint.
• College degree required.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with a diverse team in numerous marketplaces.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.