The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, creative, and fast editor with strong organizational skills. You’ll be leading a rapidly growing subject area and responsible for shaping daily content that helps people’s lives and you’ll have a chance to write and edit content that will be shared across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own.
This position oversees the day-to-day operations of Reviewed’s Money vertical. You’ll be responsible for publishing daily stories on personal finance-related topics like credit cards, bank accounts, tax software, and other products that people use to manage their finances. You will have the opportunity to write your own stories, but you will also be responsible for finding, commissioning, editing, and producing freelance work.
The Editor for Money role reports directly to the Executive Editor for Core Content. Remote employees will be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
• Manage the assignment, scheduling, tracking, editing, and related day-to-day operations of our Money vertical.
• Produce quick-turnaround stories on a variety of topics.
• Publish 4-5 pieces per week on Money-related topics, including product reviews, consumer education, product roundups, and how-tos.
• Identify and commission work from freelance writers and manage a freelance budget.
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Strong commitment to journalistic ethics.
• Management experience is a plus.
• Adobe Analytics experience a plus.