The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, creative, and fast editor with strong organizational skills. You’ll be leading a rapidly growing focus area and responsible for shaping daily content that helps people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to write and edit content that will be shared across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own.
This position contributes to the day-to-day operations of Reviewed’s Emerging Categories team. You will have the opportunity to write your own stories, but you will mostly be responsible for editing, updating, and commissioning stories in the Emerging Categories space, among other duties.
This Editor role reports directly to the Executive Editor for Growth. Remote employees will be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
• Edit roundups, features, lists, and other stories within the Emerging Categories and Lifestyle teams.
• Update existing Emerging Categories and Lifestyle content on an as-needed basis.
• Coordinate with the TBRN team to schedule frequency and priority of updates to existing content.
• Identify and commission work from freelance writers.
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience showing demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Strong commitment to journalistic ethics.
• Management experience is a plus.
• Adobe Analytics experience is a plus.
• Newsletter editing experience is a plus.