Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a passionate, experienced, data-driven professional to join us as a full-time Managing Editor for Ecommerce. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team whose content informs millions of readers each month.
Our mission is to help people make smart decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience with enjoyable and genuinely useful stories about deals on beloved products, all informed by our strong ethical values.
• You’ll be responsible for optimizing a growth-oriented ecommerce content strategy, working closely with the Editorial and Business Development leads to maximize ecommerce revenue. This position requires editorial and management experience, as well as an innate understanding of how consumers research and purchase products.
• This position is within the editorial team, which holds itself to journalistic and ethical standards. The ideal candidate can thrive in an editorial environment while maintaining a passionate focus on performance.
• The Managing Editor for Ecommerce reports to the Editor in Chief. There are three direct reports under this position, with plans to expand.
• The role is based in our main office in Cambridge, MA, but remote employees will be considered.
• Drive a growth-oriented daily ecommerce content strategy across Reviewed.com, the USA TODAY Network, and other distribution partners.
• Manage a team of writers and editors to create consistently excellent deals content.
• Analyze data to make smarter decisions about what products to feature.
• Write and publish your own daily content.
• Lead team wide Ecomm strategy on tentpole events like Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years managing an editorial content team.
• Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice in tech.
• Deep understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits within the personal tech space.
• A commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
• Knowledge of advanced SEO tactics within the context of an editorial organization.
• Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics experience is a plus.