Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an eager and talented writer to join us as a full-time Staff Writer, covering the latest in the world of appliances and home goods.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to test out the most promising new products and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
• This position requires some editorial experience and hunger for learning how the things in their house actually work. We would be open to writers who only have experience with their own personal sites or school publications, as long as they demonstrate an understanding of content production and journalistic ethics.
• Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to appliance reviews. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
• The Appliances and Home Goods Staff Writer role reports to the Editor for Appliances, part of the Reviewed Home Team. Work is done in our editorial offices and (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
Our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
• Create content to interest and inform readers.
• Collaborate with in-house lab techs to integrate test data into product reviews and other articles.
• Support the daily editorial calendar for Reviewed’s Home coverage using smart, data-driven decisions.
• Help research popular products and maintain a schedule of brands’ product release schedules.
• Produce multiple product reviews per month.
• Update our existing product roundups with new testing, new trends, and the latest news, when needed.
• Produce quick-turnaround feature stories on relevant topics, when needed.
• Assist the editorial team as a whole in writing assignments and generating great story ideas.
• Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-3 years producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content is a plus.
• Ability to write clearly and succinctly.
• Empathy for readers’ needs.
• Creative ability to identify and execute related features.
• Interest in product technology, and the ability to explain it.
• Experience with digital image editing software like Photoshop.
• Experience taking basic photographs to help illustrate a story.
• Understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits.
• Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
• An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
• Adobe Analytics experience and knowledge of SEO a plus.