I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Sales Assistant will report directly to the Publisher of People en Español and will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting a senior executive while collaborating extensively with the People en Español Sales and Marketing Teams.
While entry level, this position is ideal for an individual looking to gain exposure with advertising in integrated media (print & digital), live events, sales and/or marketing. It is the perfect opportunity to attain a deep understanding of how the elements come together within media but also serves as a launchpad for nearly any area of interest within the advertising industry given the range of areas you will work within.
II. Essential Job Functions - Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results (Weight %)
• 60% Regularly work with information that is highly confidential, strategic and critical in nature. Prepare for and coordinate both internal and client meetings. Meeting preparation may include making reservations, creating agendas, and researching brand detail or client history. Communicate clearly and efficiently with clients, executives, and internal teams on sales materials, meetings, travel, presentations, etc. Handle extensive and complex calendar scheduling.
• 10% Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
• 10% Manage expense reports and regularly track entire team T&E spend. Ensure external and internal contact information remains updated for Sales Team. Create and organize department events.
• 10% Work on prestigious Red-Carpet Events in the Hispanic Market such as: Los 50 Mas Bellos, Las 25 Mujeres Mas Poderosas and Festival. This includes but is not limited to: talent contracts and travel, VIP guestlists, and assisting with run of show. Provide support with Live Event and Special Program timelines by ensuring execution remains on schedule. Assist with compiling and editing presentations as needed
• 10% Support marketing department.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Education: College degree
• Experience: Two to three years of experience working in fast-paced digital media environment with related administrative experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Microsoft Office- PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, DART Sales Manager
• Must be discreet and able to handle confidential materials.
• Must be capable of exercising good judgment in making decisions and able to work independently.
• Must be anticipatory and possess good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.