At Ticketmaster Resale, we secure tens of millions of tickets from season ticket holders, fans, and professional resellers. The Inventory Strategy Analyst will provide expert analysis to identify supply opportunities, pricing opportunities, and business development opportunities for the most exciting events in the world – NFL, NBA, NHL, Concerts, Theater, and more.
You will have the freedom to develop and build your own models and dashboards, present findings to senior leadership, and see the impact of your recommendations after they are immediately executed in market. A successful candidate will possess exceptional quantitative skills, an orientation towards goals, and comfort communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we are looking for - a passionate, ambitious professional who is a:
• Business Driver: You will join a team that is responsible for delivering incremental revenue and profit. This role isn’t a support function, it is a growth engine.
• Analytics Expert: The secondary market for tickets is dynamic and complex, spanning millions of tickets across thousands of events. You will help us create value for Ticketmaster and also for content owners, resellers, and fans.
• Persuasive Story Teller: Your work will be presented to Ticketmaster leaders across all functions and to third parties (leagues/teams/resellers). Translating and simplifying the data into true insights that will drive business strategy and change behavior is essential.
• Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast; months of contemplation aren’t a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework and to give our partners confidence that we can stick to strategies and roadmaps.
• Cross-functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. Communication across the entire team will lead to greater individual success. You will work across multiple internal teams on a daily basis to propel our business forward.
• Identify opportunities and work directly with professional resellers to negotiate, implement, and optimize strategic partnerships
• Provide monthly updates to senior leadership on key supply initiatives and areas of opportunity
• Build models to assess inventory and pricing opportunities across thousands of events
• Strengthen our analytics capabilities, providing in-depth support to executive leaders and the client organization, which works closely with teams, leagues, promoters, and venues
• Gather actionable insights from resale inventory and pricing trends across marketplaces
• Have a passion for the sports and live entertainment industries and demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of industry dynamics
• Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, business or engineering
• 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in finance, strategy, or consulting
• Highly skilled in Excel and experience manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data driven insights
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture, leveraging Ticketmaster’s focus on sports and music
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau or DOMO is a plus