KIII-TV3, a TEGNA company, is looking for a driven, solutions-based Local Sales Manager. We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Sales Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by leading a team of account executives and account managers by executing a sales strategy delivering a customized customer solution through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, mobile and social. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team through mentoring and executing special projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The Local Sales Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading a forward-thinking sales team that successfully works with all levels of the local market’s business community. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local and regional advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
The LSM must be results oriented, innovative and a dynamic leader. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset, a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This individual must exhibit the ability to motivate, teach and lead by example.
• Three to five years of sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred.
• Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deep relationships with decision makers. Assess sales staff with ride-along coaching. Offer, recommend and implement appropriate training for the AEs.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance. Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance.
• Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications. Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.
• Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
• Complete business activity reports and forecasts as required.
• Manage key local accounts with account executives by being active in the sales process.
• Being active in the community.
• Wide Orbit, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales Force, ComScore, & Nielsen software experience is a plus.