KFSM-TV, 5NEWS is looking for a competitive content writer and assignments editor to work in our new state-of-the-art facility in northwest Arkansas.
The successful candidate will create content for our website, mobile apps and all social media platforms. This person will also gather news, make assignments and deal with logistics.
We're looking for someone who has good news judgment, and the ability to gauge what's important to our audience. Curiosity is a must. The right candidate is someone who constantly follows the news and is willing to develop enterprise interesting local stories.
Working knowledge of any non-linear video editing system and web publishing systems is preferred. Knowledge of Photoshop is also a plus.
• Follow the news. Keep up-to-date and be knowledgeable about general developments and trends in the viewing area and ensure that new story ideas are generated for the website and all newscasts.
• Don’t miss stories, and be aggressive when news breaks.
• Must be willing to use social media to break news and post stories and information to our website.
• Monitor breaking news, and make decisions about how to cover big stories, including allocating news resources.
• Develop news contacts, and know who to call and how to get information quickly.
• Contribute story ideas and assign reporters and photographers to stories.
• Coordinate work between reporters, photographers, editors and producers.
• Handle special projects assigned by the News Director and Executive Producer.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule depending on news events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Two years’ experience in news reporting or gathering. This job requires listening to police scanners constantly