KIII TV-3, the TEGNA owned ABC affiliate in Corpus Christi, Texas, is looking for a Broadcast Director-Assistant. This role is responsible for assisting in newscast production and training to direct, technical direct and manually switch our live broadcasts.
Work closely with news staff to coordinate and improve production and will also be required to staff other technical positions as needed, including camera and audio operation. Will train to coordinate with producers and direct all technical aspects of live newscasts and other productions. Manually switch video sources, graphical keys, monitor graphics and other aspects of news production.
• 1 to 3 years experience working in broadcast television station on newscast production with an understanding of broadcast technology equipment.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• Coordination of technical staff in a fast paces live environment is the primary job function.
• A certain amount of manual dexterity is required to manually switch newscast. Knowledge of AP-ENPS is helpful.
• Ability to adapt and embrace change.