Ticketmaster is seeking individuals to work various festivals and events in the Vancouver, BC area –applicants looking for experience within the arts, entertainment, or live events are encouraged to apply, no ticketing experience is required. Students welcome –we'd love to help you get some job experience!
Box Office Agents are responsible for helping the public at a variety of venues selling tickets, providing ticketing information, and handling general questions related to the venues. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys the energy and vibe of live sporting and concert events, and who genuinely wants to help our valued customers have a great experience!
This is a casual part-time job where hours are flexible and vary by month based on event activity, with shifts occurring mainly on evenings and weekends. The ideal candidate would have availability matching the event schedule of our major venues: BC Place and various theaters and other performance venues in the area.
What you’ll be doing:
• Conduct in-person ticket sales at Box Office locations using the Ticketmaster computer system
• Balance and account for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
• Describe venue layouts and seating locations for our customers
• Organize and distribute “will-call” tickets
• Maintain exemplary customer service in accordance with Ticketmaster standards and policies, exercising professionalism and applying problem-solving skills when satisfying customer concerns
• Foster and maintain a team-oriented approach towards colleagues and the company
• Other duties as assigned
What you need:
• Super customer service skills, prior experience a strong asset
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Understanding of basic computer skills and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Experience with the Ticketmaster system is an asset, but training will be provided
• General office and/or cash handling experience, preferred but not required
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to manage a diverse and ever-changing environment
• Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is able to work under pressure
• Able to work rotating shifts, including evenings and weekends
• A passion for live events and desire to ensure every customer experience is exceptional!