Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV | KRXI | KNSN, in Reno, is looking for a full-time Research Coordinator. In this role, you will interpret our local broadcast television stations’ ratings, digital metrics and drive the research efforts to support Marketing Consultants and sales managers in selling the stations. In addition, this position will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national Marketing Consultants, sales assistants, and station management.
Required skills include:
• High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research and comScore on local television ratings and delivery
• Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Expert level proficiency with media related software including Wide Orbit, Strata, AdMall, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus
• Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local Marketing Consultants
• Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments
• Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter
• Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability
• Must be able to effectively position and sell local broadcast affiliates and digital services with creative research and out of the box thinking
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, statistics, or equivalent experience is preferred
• 2-5 Years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market
• 2-5 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department
• Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement