Job ID 738740BR
This internship presents an exciting opportunity to learn about the News industry, during an Election year, and be exposed to how finance budgets and works with the editorial and operations teams to achieve goals. The intern will support day-to-day operations, quarter-end close activities, monthly forecasts, and ad hoc requests. Specifically, the intern will assist with analyzing costs related to productions, including Good Morning America, World News Tonight with David Muir, ABC News Live, and Politics. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of crew labor & hours, T&E, and creating/managing event budgets.
What You Bring To The Role…
• Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Self-motivated and deadline-oriented
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Previous internship experience within a related field.
• Inquisitive nature & general passion about News
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build relationships with various business partners
• Junior or senior currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May 2020 to August 2020.
• Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in New York.
• Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.