Job ID 738511BR
ABC NEWS LIVE has an opening for a Technical Production Manager. The Technical Production Manager is responsible for supporting the operational and technical needs of the News broadcast. This position is responsible for the management of ABC News control rooms and the staff assigned to them leading up to and during production. This role will work closely with the show units to understand and meet the production needs for all ABC News Live programming.
Candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of broadcast productions, signal flow and possess the ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise. A strong understating of automation technology and traditional broadcast equipment; Ross OverDrive, Calrec audio boards, RTS intercom systems is required.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to prioritize and meet client needs, instruct and provide production with strategic technical support while working in a fast-paced environment and should be familiar with the latest television broadcast technologies, and be willing to work flexible hours/days depending on breaking news and/or operational needs. Strong technical background, interpersonal and management skills are a must.
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company’s sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
• Manage technical crew and control room needs.
• Work with show directors to set-up look of live shots.
• Assigning, establishing and coordinating IFB and PL lines for remote locations.
• Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
• Supporting editorial & production staff on use of control room technology.
• Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of all technical issues, along with providing detailed resolutions.
• Communicate with client’s, staff and colleagues clearly and efficiently
• Remain informed on industry trends and new technology developments.
• Troubleshooting of technical issues as they arise.
• Minimum 5 years of in live studio operations and related broadcast experience.
• Proficiency in iNews is preferred.
• Knowledge of News Room Automation
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
• Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications, broadcast production, Engineering, or related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience.