FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.
Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network are looking for a Homepage Editor to join the Digital team! You are responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com and the Fox Business app. You determine story placement, write clickable headlines and choose interesting art for our front page. You’re a competitive self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role. You are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS, WEDNESDAYS THRU SUNDAYS (6:00 AM – 2:00 PM or 2:00 PM-10:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines determined in collaboration with managing editor/senior editor
• Use a mix of News judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Coordinate with the photo desk on art for the homepage
• Write breaking news banners and continually update breaking news headlines
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
• 2-4 years of Newsroom experience
• Strong News judgment and knowledge of current events
• Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
• Capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
• The desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment