FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.
We are looking for an experienced Editor to be a part of a groundbreaking online News-team for FoxBusiness.com. As an Editor, you have a proven track record of turning content in a 24/7 breaking news environment with keen editorial judgement. The Editor will handle line and copy edits across FoxBusiness.com’s content, including breaking business news and features.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS, WEDNESDAYS THRU SUNDAYS (6:00 AM – 2:00 PM or 2:00 PM-10:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee incoming breaking news wires and distribute assignments to Reporters in collaboration with the Senior Editors and Managing Editors
• Review all FoxBusiness.com content, reviewing text, images, videos and embedded content.
• Editing stories for content, accuracy, story flow and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation – all under very tight deadline
• Working with staff and freelance writers to sharpen leads, often with heavy line-editing, as well as fact-checking
• Writing compelling, SEO-friendly headlines; crafting concise, accurate captions
• Skilled at turning sharp, fast stories, headlines and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations
• Work seamlessly with reporters, photographers, video producers to produce consistently excellent and compelling content
• Deftly deal with the challenges of content management systems
• Ensuring content is written and presented with clarity and common sense
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
• At least five years' proven experience in a daily breaking News environment, preferably for a digital media operation
• Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
• Ability to work under tight deadlines without compromising editorial standards
• Expert with AP style
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays or shift changes required