KX News in Minot, ND has an opening for a COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: Responsible for managing the production of cutting-edge commercial spots from concept to completion. Coordinating and scheduling all aspects of Commercial Production, including working with clients, sales staff and agencies. Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience is a must.
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 1 year commercial and/or production experience, or college degree preferred
• Knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
• Broad understanding of marketing and design, videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
• Working knowledge of Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
• Produce a wide range of station projects, including commercials, promotional spots, local programming, and sales promotions
• Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• A passion to stay up to date on production trends and continually strive to push boundaries
• Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
• Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Commercial Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.