KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV, NBC and FOX affiliates in Northwest Arkansas, are looking for a creative and energetic news producer to join our team!
We need a career-oriented producer with great writing skills, a knack for showcasing content and attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency.
The right candidate understands local news, can enterprise stories, and enjoys the hectic pace of a newsroom.
Above all, we're looking for someone with an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude to lead our morning newscasts.
If interested, email resume and reel to email@example.com or mail to Lisa Brence, News Director, 609 W. Dickson Street, 3rd Floor, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 72701.
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Our population just crossed 500k and is rising. Why? Because high-end business industries are here and they are bringing in some of the best talent in their fields, cost of living is low, quality of living is high and we fill up our days/nights with world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events.
In fact, U.S. News ranks Fayetteville fourth best place to live in the country: http://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville
Our newsroom is forward-thinking and built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and development of talent and a desire to win. We are consistently winning awards from our local audiences for our commitment to our community and our service-centered sense of duty. Whether you are looking for a place to settle in or a place to equip yourself and launch into that “big step” – we have a proven track record of providing both outcomes.
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift