The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV, NBC and FOX affiliates in Northwest Arkansas, are looking for a multi-media journalist to join our MMJ Reporter Team.
This position requires daily reporting in our Fort Smith bureau, telling stories that will air across the entire market. We're looking for someone to be an active member of the community and by fully immersed in the culture of the Fort Smith and River Valley communities. We need a storyteller who understands the angles, knows how to work contacts, enterprises, one-man-bands, wins on social media, and loves the adrenaline rush of breaking news.
Above all, we're looking for a hard worker with an optimistic outlook and a drive to succeed and grow!
APPLY HERE or send your best on-air material to Lisa Brence, news director, email@example.com.
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Our population just crossed 500k and is rising. Why? Because high-end business industries are here and they are bringing in some of the best talent in their fields, cost of living is low, quality of living is high and we fill up our days/nights with world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events.
Our newsroom is forward-thinking and built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and development of talent and a desire to win. We are consistently winning awards from our local audiences for our commitment to our community and our service-centered sense of duty. Whether you are looking for a place to settle in or a place to equip yourself and launch into that “big step” – we have a proven track record of providing both outcomes.
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift