Gannett Publishing Services, located in St Cloud, MN is recruiting for a full-time, Dock Worker/Field Assistant. This key individual provides general support for the Circulation Distribution department by handling many of the day-to-day operational needs.
• Supports the accurate and timely distribution/allocation process of the daily and Sunday newspapers and associated products. Maintains contact with the Transportation Department to report shortages or overages, arranges for make-ups or pick-ups.
• Delivers open routes as necessary when assigned by the Distribution Manager. Works with Distribution Manager as assigned to support the day-to-day operations of the distribution center.
• The position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy, and non-daily distribution areas.
• The Operations Coordinator duties can include but are not limited to preparing paperwork, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product delivery, verification redelivery to retail sales locations, loading and unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and retailers.
• This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers and the general public. Must use sound judgment and discretion always.
A valid driver's license and automobile with appropriate insurance required.