iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
The Senior Software Engineer, Analytic Platform will help build an industry leading data-driven analytics platform. This is an early stage initiative with the nimbleness of a startup and the stability of a large organization. Members of this team will be challenged with building highly resilient, fault tolerant real time and batch integrations as well as applications that will provide analytics to iHeartMedia internal and external partners.
• Design and build data pipelines and analytic applications in a fast-paced agile development environment.
• Be a contributing member of a scrum team that voluntarily accepts work
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using agreed upon technology
• Demonstrate passion about using data assets to optimize systems and products across iHeartMedia
• Use and extend open source software to deliver solutions to iHeartMedia business partners
• Present solutions and ideas to other team members, IT leadership, and business leaders
• Employ a pragmatic approach to evaluate new technologies for positive impact within iHeartMedia
• Mentor Junior team members in software/data engineering best practices
• Hands on experience with Python, Go or other similar languages.
• Knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
• Demonstrated understanding of distributed systems, modern operating systems and networking.
• Must be comfortable working in an agile development environment with shifting priorities.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills are a must in this role.
• Experience with data integration in AWS or GCP
• Experience with cloud-based big data platforms such as BigQuery, EMR, or RedShift
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related technical field required. Master’s degree a plus
• 5+ years of technical experience in data integration, data warehousing or analytics
• GCP and/or AWS certifications
• Experience with unstructured data
• Hands on with Terraform
• Analytics and/or BI knowledge
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies like Scrum.
• Hands on experience using Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and build automation tools
• Experience with cloud-based big data platforms such as BigQuery, EMR, or RedShift.